The 2022 application form is on-line!
Click HERE to apply for the trip now!
- Please be ready to enter all of your information before you start, you will not be able to edit this form later
- You will need your passport to complete the application. Passports must be valid for at least 6 months after the trip. If you do not have a passport please indicate it on the application
- Applications are due June 30, 2022, but please try to submit them ASAP so we can start planning.
- You will need to download, review, and sign the forms below for the application. We recommend using electronic signatures to reduce paper and simplify transmission of documents. Learn how to e-sign documents here
- COVID-19 Vaccines are required. Even though Japan does not require vaccines anymore, both the mission trip and the conference are requiring volunteers to be fully vaccinated to serve (2 doses, except for J&J). A booster (having a 3rd dose) will also exempt you from the 72 hour PCR test needed prior to departing for Japan. There is no longer a test or quarantine required after arriving in Japan.
- If you do not have all your forms ready, you can submit them later using the Form Upload. Since we will have to apply for visas to enter Japan, the deadline has changed: all forms are due August 31, 2022.
- When you purchase your airline ticket (after committing to the trip, raising support and getting approval from your Team Leader), submit a copy of your flight itinerary here
- This is a new on-line form so if you have any issues or questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Team Member Forms
- Please scan or take a picture and attach to on-line application or form upload page
- Release/Health Form
- Adult Form PDF (18+) – complete on computer and sign, then attach to on-line application or form upload page
- Minor Form PDF (13-17) – complete on computer, have both parents sign, then attach to on-line application or form upload page
- MTW Code of Conduct
- Adult & Youth Form (PDF)
- Adults (18+) – complete on computer and sign page 4, then attach to on-line application or form upload page
- Youth (13-17) – complete on computer and sign page 5, then attach to on-line application or form upload page
- Adult & Youth Form (PDF)
- Child Protection Training
- On-line training required for everyone 16 and older
- About a month before the trip, you will receive an email from “email@example.com” with subject, “Mission to the World – Child Protection Training,” and a link to the training
- After completion of the training and quiz, view and save your certificate (otherwise it will not save and there will be no record of completion)
- Please advise us of the date when you have completed this training
- Flight Itinerary
- After you have booked your flight to Japan, save a PDF copy, then attach to on-line Flight Detail page
- You can also fill out the on-line Flight Detail page by hand if necessary
- International SOS Overview
- MTW uses ISOS for supplemental insurance when traveling internationally, but each team member must still have primary health insurance (as described in Release/Health Form)
- Please read this ISOS Overview for more information
Team Leader Forms
Team Leaders should complete all team member forms as well as the following:
- Church Screening Form
- Church Form (PDF) – Have your pastor or clerk of session complete and sign Page 1, then attach to on-line application or form upload page
- Only one form is required for all team members from your congregation
- Team Leader Consent for Background Check
- MTW requires background checks for Team Leaders
- You will receive an email from “firstname.lastname@example.org” with subject, “Mission to the World – Consent for Background Check,” and a link to the form